Prepare the CPM with tubing connections,
- The Arterial and Venous ports attach to ½” tubing.
- The Cardioplegia and Vent ports attach to ¼” tubing.
- Make each tubing segment at least 6” in length. Clamp all 4 tubings to avoid leaking water.
① Use a pitcher to carefully pour about 2.5 Liters of water into the CPM’s reservoir.
- Notice patient’s vitals such as arterial pressure and central venous pressure increase in value; in essence, the vitals correspond to those of a living patient.
- Ensure all tubing is clamped to avoid any water leak
② Open the side door to align the silicon tubing in peristaltic pump’s raceway
③ Do not operate peristaltic pump while adjusting tubing
④ Close peristaltic pump lid
⑤ Close side door
⑥ In the Instructor’s Panel » Califia Controls section, press the Pressurize button to operate the peristaltic pump and prime the CPM. After about 5 minutes of operation, press the Pressurizing button to stop the pump, the CPM should be primed.